1. To pay the dues of the personnel, units and formations of Defence Services as per entitlement and by due dates.
2. Audit and payment of pay and allowances and all personal claims of the Defence civilians attached to these Units and Formations.
3. To ensure that the Pay and Provident Fund Accounts of JCOs, ORs and NcsE (including pay accounts of non gazetted civilians serving in operational areas) are maintained properly and correctly by the PAOs.
4. Personal dues of the employees under their payment are paid correctly and promptly.
5. To provide necessary accounting, financial and internal audit information and advice to the authorities of defence services to help them in the discharge of their Management functions.
6. To maintain the efficiency of the Defence Accounts Department at a high level.
7. To provide Integrated Financial Advice Cover to all CFAs functioning under its Audit Jurisdiction.